Monday, September 12, 2011

The Man Who Walked Between the Towers

"For me, the towers are still planted solidly in the landscape of New York City,
in my heart." -- Philippe Petit


"When did the idea for the walk between the Twin Towers come to you?"

"In 1968 I was 18 years old and I saw an article about those towers. There was a photo of a model, and the article said that they would be built one day, and they would be the finest in the world. And here I was, a completely new self-taught wire walker, and I thought, "What a fabulous thing to transform the top of those towers to a theater for one morning." And that's how the idea came." -- Gothamist.

"Now, the towers are gone... But in memory, as if imprinted on the sky, the towers are still there " -- The Man Who Walked Between the Towers 

No comments:

Post a Comment